Our exciting PADI Open Water Scuba Diving Classes will teach you how to SCUBA dive safely while having fun exploring the incredible underwater world of Southern California. Once you complete your at home online training through our PADI eLearning System you will get to enjoy some serious skill sessions in the pool where you will learn to control buoyancy, breath, and safely dive in the pool and in the open ocean on a living reef. You then get dive 4 actual “checkout” open water dives that are supervised and evaluated by our experienced professional PADI certified Instructors. After that you will be certified to dive for the rest of your life!
Call for current pricing
- Lifetime PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- SCUBA equipment rental for entire course.
- 5 pool SCUBA training dives.
- 4 Ocean SCUBA training dives.
- 6 month subscription to Dive Training Magazine.
- Student discounts on equipment purchases. (Not applicable with other promotions)
- Purchase a complete set of SCUBA gear from RDL & get a full tuition rebate!
- Tuition does not include the $169 online elearning
Most of your course will be conducted in the water between the pool and the beautiful San Diego scuba diving sites. Upon completion of the course, as a Certified Open Water Diver, you will be certified in SCUBA diving worldwide for life!
Optional Upgrade: Catalina Island Training Upgrade: $120 – $150 Optional Upgrade: Boat Dive Trip Upgrade: $90 – $140
Call Today: 760-746-8980
Four Easy Steps to Get Started:
1. Reserve a space in the course. Call (760)746-8980 and sign up for our next PADI Open Water Diver Course. Our classes are small to allow more individual attention.
2. Study On Line. Click this big orange button or one of the PADI E Learning Banners below and start studying today. PADI eLearning ensures you have a base level understanding of scuba dive theory, rules for safety, equipment and the pressure of water and how it affects air and affects your lungs, air spaces and gases in your body. You will pay $146 at that time and then the tuition balance when you complete your registration with us. PADI eLearning allows you to study at your convenience when and where you want. In most cases you can easily comolete the program in as little as 8-12 hrs. You will need to complete all the On Line training before your first session with us. Be sure to print out your certificate of completion and bring it with you.
3. Equipment. A few days prior to the first weekend of your course come in to the Dive Center and get fitted for all the cool SCUBA gear you’ll be using during the course. You will need to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment from Rick’s Diving Locker, which we will help you select (personal mask, fins, snorkel, boots, etc.) Plan on about an hour to be fitted and get your personal gear. Click here for sample choices.
4. Start Diving! Pool dives start on the first weekend of your course and before you know it you’ll be out exploring underwater along our beautiful San Diego coast!
Typical Schedule for our 2 Weekend course:
1st Saturday 10:15 -5:00pm- (Note: Saturday hours may vary )
- Introduction, Orientation and Paperwork
- Pool Training dives 1-3
1st Sunday 8-12:00pm-
- Pool Training dives 4-5
2nd Saturday 7-2:00pm- (Beach or Boat Dives)
- Dive 1- Exploration and Fun Dive
- Dive 2- Basic SCUBA Skills
2nd Sunday 7-2:00pm-(Beach or Boat Dives)
- Dive 3- SCUBA Skills
- Dive 4- Final Dive Skills/Checkout Dive